With the government beginning to ease the lockdown measures, I would like to reiterate important information with regards to leave of absence requests during term time. All holidays should be arranged outside of term time to prevent any further impact on your child’s education. Please see here for term dates.
Should you need to request a leave of absence please adhere to the following process:
- request and complete a leave of absence form for each child due to take leave (this should be collected from reception);
- a leave of absence request must be made in advance of the child being absent;
- all relevant information you would like to be considered must be provided at the time of the leave of absence request, and not at a later stage;
- the decision of what is an ‘exceptional circumstance’ or whether a leave of absence can be authorised, is entirely at the discretion of the Head of School.
We must also advise:
- any disagreement between parents/carers and the Academy cannot be considered by the Attendance and Prosecution Service, and will be dealt with by the Academy;
- any action taken by the Local Authority following a referral for an unauthorised leave of absence (e.g. penalty notice or prosecution) will be based upon the leave of absence request, any information provided at that time, and the subsequent decision of the Head of School;
- any additional information received from parents/carers in response to any action taken by the Local Authority will be considered as mitigation but will not necessarily result in these actions being withdrawn.
We appreciate your support in this matter and thank you for your continued co-operation.
Mrs Anne-Marie Ruby
Director of Attendance and Welfare
Source: Q3 Great Barr News